Sands Awareness Month
June is Sands Awareness Month, when we all work hard to increase awareness of stillbirth and neonatal death and the everlasting impact experienced when a precious baby dies during pregnancy, at birth or shortly afterwards.
While many more people are aware of the pain of baby loss because of the work of Sands and other organisations, many people still have no idea and it remains a taboo subject. This year Sands are highlighting the tragic fact that 15 babies die every day, before, during or shortly after birth in the UK.
If you want, you can get involved in many different ways:
- Donate your Channel Islands Co-operative / Local stamps in the dedicated boxes to Guernsey Sands
- Raise awareness, raise funds
- Change your social media profile and cover images to raise awareness of #15babiesaday (downloads below)
- Sign up to the #90minutechallenge and take the number 15 and turn it into something positive
- Volunteer and join the Guernsey Sands Committee
For more information on how YOU can get involved follow go to the national Sands website.
Use these hashtags across social media
#15babiesaday Profile Picture
« Back to news