Sands Awareness Month
June is Sands Awareness Month, when we all work hard to increase awareness of stillbirth and neonatal death and the everlasting impact experienced when a precious baby dies during pregnancy, at birth or shortly afterwards.
This year Sands are encouraging everyone to help break the silence around stillbirth and neonatal death with their Finding the Words campaign.
If you want, you can get involved in many different ways:
- Watch and share the Finding The Words campaign video below:
- Change your social media profile and cover images to raise awareness of #FindingTheWords (downloads below)
- Share your story and post a short video using the #FindingTheWords hashtag on social media
- Follow Guernsey Sands on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn and re-share our posts throughout June
- Sign up to fundraising challenge Walk a Mile in My Shoes
- Put campaign poster up in a local church, pub, gym, café, shop, office or wherever would reach the most people
- Find out how to start a conversation with someone whose baby has died in our Family & Friends booklet
- If you’re an employer, manager or HR professional find out how to support bereaved parents at work
- Donate Waitrose tokens in dedicated boxes to Guernsey Sands in Rohais store during JUNE
- Volunteer and join Guernsey Sands Committee
- Donate to Guernsey Sands today and help ensure a bereaved parent doesn’t have to cope alone
For more information on how YOU can get involved follow go to the national Sands website.
#FindingTheWords social media image
#FindingTheWords Facebook cover
#FindingTheWords Twitter cover
« Back to news